I was laid off a few months ago, which I have taken in as a HUGE blessing, due mostly in part to my AMAZING husband. There are not enough words! We decided to keep Patrick in school (he is doing AWESOME at his preschool!) and that I would stay home with the baby while I was home job-searching. It was very, VERY hard for me at first. There were a lot of tears from both me and Kolby, thinking "what have we gotten ourselves into?" We got our little system figured out pretty quick, and we have been going full steam ahead ever since!
Here are some fun things that have been going on with us:
1. Patrick's vocabulary and conversational skills have grown to be phenomenal. He can hold a good conversation on any topic with ANYONE. The other day, he started a conversation with EA and I with "No offense guys, but I like cats." WHAT?! We had been talking about the Olympics, but I guess he was ready to move onto the topic of animals and those that he prefers, whether or not it deeply offends his mother and father. HAHA!
2. As you will see from the post I did just before this one...Kolby Joseph is WALKING! Everyone says "keep them crawling as long as you can, you'll regret it when they start walking..." NO WAY. I can't wait for this guy to get up and start running! Seriously. He is going to be chasing after and running over Patrick before we all know it, and EA and I cannot wait for those two to be able to take their playing to the next level!
3. We did a massive backyard overhaul this summer and it looks PHENOMENAL! Thanks so much to KK/Kathy for her help, motivation, and undying willingness to work her buns off! We re-vamped the whole thing - it looks like we were in an episode of Yard Crashers! What we thought was going to be a weekend project turned into a 10-ish day project, and we got it done in time for Kolby's first birthday party! WOOHOO! Now, if we can just get the weather to cool back off, we can go back to spending 90% of our time out there!
There is a lot more, and I know I have been absent from the blog for well over a year. I am going to try and get back to it, but no promises. Baby steps. I did forget how much I enjoy it, though, so we will see. Enjoy the photos for now, and I will be back soon!
XO - Ashley*



No comments:
Post a Comment