

Our sweet baby boy surprised EA and I on January 23rd, 2009. EA and I were at home on the afternoon of January 23rd, preparing for a baby shower. EA's office was hosting the shower, and we had been looking forward to it for WEEKS! We had our 36 week appointment with Dr. Roberts that morning. It went well...I was already 2 centimeters dilated. Dr. Roberts said I would probably go another couple of weeks. (HAHA.) After our appointment, I made the decision to come home. I had a cold all week, had worked A LOT, and I was exhausted! EA decided to come home early that day, too! (Thank goodness he did!)
We were upstairs relaxing and getting ready for the baby shower. I decided to lay down for a few minutes to rest; I had some extra time before we had to go. As I was laying in bed, at 5:24PM, MY WATER BROKE! EA and I were in disbelief! We couldn't stop laughing - we were giggling like school kids! I honestly thought I would have a while before contractions started, so we were still HELL BENT on going to our awesome baby shower. Then, about 2 minutes later (while still giggling, mind you!) I had my first contraction. They kept on coming and got stronger and stronger. It's a good thing I had my bag packed already for the hospital! We left at about 6:20. I didn't think I would make it. CONTRACTIONS ARE NO JOKE! They hurt like hell! EA had to go find a parking spot, but I made him drop me off at the door. I waddled up to Labor and Delivery, where they were waiting for me!
I was dilated to a 5 at that point. The doctor said I would probably have the baby in the wee hours of the morning. (Again, HAHA.) At 9:50, the nurses rushed in. My heart rate and the baby's dropped suddenly. They threw the oxygen mask on me, flipped me over a few times, and checked my progress. I was a 10! They called the doctor back up, I pushed ONE TIME (yes, I know I'm lucky!), and Patrick was waving hello at 10PM on the dot. YAHOO!
Happy Birthday Baby Bear!
Needless to say, we never made it to our baby shower. They partied without us and took bets on what time the baby would be born. I am so glad they had fun without us! We were having some fun of our own! Dan and Tina were sweet enough to bring us dinner at home a few nights later, along with all of our awesome gifts from the shower.
WHAT A NIGHT! It's one we'll never forget. One of the best night's of our lives. AMAZING!
We were upstairs relaxing and getting ready for the baby shower. I decided to lay down for a few minutes to rest; I had some extra time before we had to go. As I was laying in bed, at 5:24PM, MY WATER BROKE! EA and I were in disbelief! We couldn't stop laughing - we were giggling like school kids! I honestly thought I would have a while before contractions started, so we were still HELL BENT on going to our awesome baby shower. Then, about 2 minutes later (while still giggling, mind you!) I had my first contraction. They kept on coming and got stronger and stronger. It's a good thing I had my bag packed already for the hospital! We left at about 6:20. I didn't think I would make it. CONTRACTIONS ARE NO JOKE! They hurt like hell! EA had to go find a parking spot, but I made him drop me off at the door. I waddled up to Labor and Delivery, where they were waiting for me!
I was dilated to a 5 at that point. The doctor said I would probably have the baby in the wee hours of the morning. (Again, HAHA.) At 9:50, the nurses rushed in. My heart rate and the baby's dropped suddenly. They threw the oxygen mask on me, flipped me over a few times, and checked my progress. I was a 10! They called the doctor back up, I pushed ONE TIME (yes, I know I'm lucky!), and Patrick was waving hello at 10PM on the dot. YAHOO!
Happy Birthday Baby Bear!
Needless to say, we never made it to our baby shower. They partied without us and took bets on what time the baby would be born. I am so glad they had fun without us! We were having some fun of our own! Dan and Tina were sweet enough to bring us dinner at home a few nights later, along with all of our awesome gifts from the shower.
WHAT A NIGHT! It's one we'll never forget. One of the best night's of our lives. AMAZING!
No comments:
Post a Comment