Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sittin' Up Like a BIG Boy!

Among many other things, Patrick is learning how to sit up on his own! He mostly uses the Boppy pillow at this point in time, but he is also really starting to master the "tripod" method, while leaning forward with his arms holding him up. When he gets tired, he just sits back and relaxes - with his signature arm on the "armrest," just like Daddy! HAHA!
Patrick is also up to two "real" meals a day - meaning that, in addition to all of his bottles, he has some oatmeal in the mornings and evenings. I usually mix in a fruit or veggie, just to get him introduced to new tastes and textures. His FAVORITE, by far, is applesauce. YUM! He wolfs the whole bowlful down when Momma serves up applesauce! Peaches and sweet potatoes are good, too, he HATES green beans, I think he's allergic to squash, and the verdict is still out on what he thinks about peas.
I think he may be teething, too. He is drooling like never before, and has been a little irritible and even feverish. I just know a pearly white is going to bust out one of thse days! I can feel them in there!
My sweet son also has another love - SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS! He can't get enough of that show. Not that I am putting him in front of the TV 24 hours a day, but I do for a few minutes in the mornings while I am getting ready for work. He doesn't get half as interested in other shows as he does SPONGE BOB! I think his favorite character is....PATRICK!
One other note - Patrick has been sleeping like an absolute champ! To all of you new mommies out there who thought the day would never come that your child would sleep through the night....it WILL happen one day. Keep on keepin' on; stick to your routine; it WILL work one day! My little monkey goes to bed at about 7:30PM, sleeps hard, and then wakes up at 6:30AM. He also takes a good 2 hour nap every afternoon, in addition to a morning and 5:00 "kitty cat" nap. WHEW! I know those little naps won't be around forever, but I am just thankful for the full night's rest and good afternoon nap. We've worked hard for this! Thanks to everyone for all of their love, support, and encouragement over the last few months.
I'll close for now. Have a FABULOUS week! BIG HUGS! Love - Ashley*

1 comment:

melimo said...

he has the cutest freakin face! i just wanna give him a hug. :-)