Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Friday!

Well Hello STRANGERS! I know I have been away from my blog for too long. I am amazed at how easy it is to slip out of the habit. I enjoy it so much; I guess I have just been very busy lately!

I don't have any photos to post right this moment, but I promise to post some this weekend. It's going to be a BIG weekend at the Hoppe Household. MY FAMILY IS COMING TO SEE US! I am so excited about it! It was originally just going to be my Mom and Dad, staying for one night. Plans have since changed, and now my sister and sweet niece will be joining them AND they're staying an extra night. YAHOO!

Last weekend was rough. Patrick got his DOC band. He looks precious in it. (See previous post!) It doesn't seem to be bothering him one bit. He did well enough last Saturday night for us to feel comfortable leaving it on overnight. WELL, that didn't work out so well. He woke up with a TERRIBLE rash. We thought it might just be from heat (Baby Bear's a little HOT BOX like his Momma!), but the rash didn't go away, and was still present Monday morning. We didn't feel comfortable putting it back on without consulting with our clinician. We took another trip to Cranial Technologies Monday afternoon and they buffed out the spot causing the rash, along with a few other problem areas. It's been PERFECT ever since! We have a new little bedtime routine, since Patrick needs his hair washed EVERY night while the band is on. (He gets so sweaty and stinky under there! It should get better with time, and the weather is starting to work in our favor, too!) It's been an adjustment, but we're working on it!

On top of the DOC Band dance we did all weekend, Patrick has had a terrible cough. I mentioned it at the pediatrician's office on Friday, when he got his FLU SHOT. (Poor thing - I made him get his flu shot right before they "installed" his DOC Band.) They said to just suction him out really well and keep an eye on it. Well, the cough got worse throughout the weekend. That meant trip #2 to the pediatrician! We have him on Mucinex, and it seems to be getting better. But his poor little cough sounds JUST AWFUL! Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do for little ones under 1, as far as medication goes. Needless to say, between Cranial Tech and the Pediatrician, we had 4 doctors visits in 2 days. Ugh! It wore my butt out!

I think all of that running around with Patrick had me completely worn down. I finally got a chance to take MYSELF to the doctor yesterday, and I have a severe sinus infection, along with an upper respiratory infection. FUN! I am on antibiotics now, and I'm feeling slightly better. This crazy weather ins't helping very much.

I am hoping that some very fall-like weather this weekend, (nice and COOL!) along with a visit from my family will cheer things up dramatically for me and everyone else in the house! Not that we haven't been cheerful, it's just been a little dark and sickly. Eeew! The germaphobe in me wants to throw EVERYTHING away and start fresh, even amidst all of the anti-bacterializing, the bleaching, the lysol-ing, the million loads of laundry, and all of the sheet changes!

WHEW! I will let everyone get back to work now! Have a FANTASTIC weekend! Check Monday for photos! Thanks again for all of your love and support! Much, MUCH Love - Ashley*

No comments: