Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TEETH!

Patrick has OVERNIGHT, cut two teeth. His two, front, bottom teeth. One cut through the gum last Sunday, and the other cut through this Sunday. Poor baby! I know he has been in pain, but he's taking it like a champion! We have tons of teethers, but his favorite soothing mechanism seems to be his own two fingers, particularly those from his right hand:

Exhibit A -

They are more than just teethers for him, but also soothers. He constantly has them in his mouth. His favorite is to put them in there while I am trying to feed him his oatmeal - I think he likes the way it feels. Eeew! He also instantly has them in his mouth when he's falling asleep, when I am changing his diaper, and when he's upset. I guess they must taste good! We have tried cold teethers from the refrigerator, a mesh fruit teether, wash cloths, and a sippy cup, but we always lose to the fingers. Whatever makes him happy!

The whole TEETHING drama has made Patrick a little under the weather. He's been running a low grade fever, he's been a little fussy, sleeping a lot (not complaining!), and even had the sniffles. We actually took him to the doctor last Wednesday just to be SURE it was just the teething. IT WAS! Since we were at the doctor, we got to see how much our Sweet P weighs. His 6 month visit isn't until next week, and we were curious. How much do YOU think he weighed?

19 pounds, 7 ounces! YEAH! That's Momma's BIG BOY! Since it was a sick visit, we didn't get a percentile or his height or anything like that. However, Dr. McElroy did say that it's a GREAT weight; not too big! He is going to be a BIG boy!

I better get back to work! Have a great day!

No comments: