Patrick had a Doc Band appointment last week. He has completely grown out of his first Doc Band. We looked at before and after pictures, and the difference is AMAZING! Unfortunately, we are going to be getting a second Doc Band. With all of the success we've seen with the first one, we're excited to see what improvements come with band #2. Patrick is still having some muscle development issues, so we're working with him on that. The second band should help more with it, along with the stretches we do with him multiple times per day. We don't get the second band until January 14th. Meanwhile, Patrick is band-free! FREEDOM! (Haha. Did anyone else just picture Mel Gibson yelling that from the movie Braveheart? Anyone? Hello? Hello? Is this thing on???) I am sure it's nice for Patrick, but being Doc-Bandless makes for some pretty nervous parents. I'm not going to lie - that band acted as a safety helmet MANY times at our house. Watch the boy ram into the corner of the hope chest...oh, it's cool, he's got his Doc Band on! Accidentally bang his head up against the wall while walking up the stairs for bedtime...it's cool, he's got his Doc Band on! OK, I'll stop now before someone calls 911 on me...
Anyhoo, wish us luck with Band Number Two. We were diligent with keeping Band #1 on for the recommended 23 hours (PLUS) per day. We followed all of the rules. Poor little guy just has a little bit more room for improvement. We'll enjoy the freedom for now, and then he'll wear the new band for another couple of months. Everyone keeps asking me is we're going to go and get a cool wrap for the new band. I haven't decided yet. I MAY or MAY NOT want to decorate this one myself. I'll keep you posted on THAT. I am pretty crafty YA KNOW!
I'll post photos later this week with the new band. My main hope is that he doesn't get upset when we put the new band on. We've all gotten a nice break the last several days without. I am sure he'll take it like a little CHAMP, just like he always has.
No comments:
Post a Comment