Monday, April 26, 2010

What a Weekend!

Hi! This past weekend, we got some AWESOME help and built a brand new deck in our front porch area. It added a great amount of space to our pre-existing front porch, and I'm sure it added tons of value as well! It was a lot of fun. (Hehe...I say that, but I wasn't the one doing all the work. SOMEONE had to watch Patrick, OK?!)

Yes, I am mad at myself for not taking a "before" photo. Most of you know what it looked like before, though. Use your imagination. OR, just come and see it yourself sometime. We LOVE visitors! This was Part One of a project. We got the new side deck done, and down the road, we will re-do what I fondly refer to as the "concrete death steps." YA, you know which ones I'm talking about! Since we had a huge new space to work with, we decided to get Patrick a nifty new toy:

Here's our little baby bear, testing this new contraption out!

He especially loved that it came with a periscope! (WHO WOULDN'T?!)

The WHOLE time the gang was outside building the new deck, Patrick was at our front door, looking out. He even tried to "hammer" like Daddy, using his Sponge Bob bucket. It was adorable watching him. He got the BIGGEST KICK, out of just sitting there for HOURS, just watching their every move!

He was such a sweet boy all weekend. Thanks so much "KK" and Kirk for EVERYTHING!

Unfortunately, Patrick seems to have gotten a cold. He's a little under the weather. It may be allergy related - who knows! The boy can't talk, so EA and I are becoming very good at playing The Guessing Game! :) We're currently in a world of humidifiers, the dreaded blue squeejee, tons of tissues, Benadryl, and of course - SNOT everywhere! :) We hope you all have a happy and HEALTHY week! (If you get to feeling a little under the weather, just call "Dr. Hoppe's office", and we'll be happy to give you OUR diagnosis!) Much Love - Ashley*

1 comment:

Varner said...

That looks awesome! Hopefully we can see it soon. I bet Patrick just loves it out there. Enjoyed seeing y'all last weekend. Patrick is absolutely adorable.