Thursday, June 16, 2011

36 Weeks!

HALLELUJAH! We made it to the 36 week mark in the pregnancy! As a lot of you know, this pregnancy has had a few little bumps in the road. Since Week 16, I've been getting weekly hormone injections. We had a little scare at Week 26, causing me to go on modified, and then eventually, permanent bed rest. At Week 33, we got a double dose of steroids with the fear that the baby would be born before the 34 week mark, based off some measurements that continued to get worse and worse. All of those things, combined with weekly sonograms (not the fun ones on the OUTSIDE of your belly with the cutesy pictures...the OTHER kind...ya, think about it!), measurements, 3 trips to the hospital, and close monitoring by my ob-gyn and nurse have gotten us this far! YAHOO!

We saw Dr. Roberts today and I am 2 centimeters dilated. We monitored the baby's heartbeat and movements and he was a ROCK STAR! It was at this EXACT point in my pregnancy with Patrick that I delivered. By this time (8:19PM), I was in the hospital, the epidural was working wonders, and I was minutes away from giving birth. I don't THINK I will deliver Baby Hoppe Number Two this evening, but I am thanking my lucky stars that we made it this far!! Things are moving along!! I didn't even have to get my hormone shot today...yippee!

I don't know how or when it will happen, but I am just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy at this point! I feel more relaxed than I have in weeks. Also very uncomfortable, go figure. HAHA! The baby is positioned and ready to go, which is making for a LOVELY lower backache. Again, not complaining...just glad he's still in there!

I just thought I'd give a quick baby update! I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful weekend. Stay cool in this hot, hot weather. We hit 102 today in North Texas, with the heat index at 106. ICK! Stay indoors and drink lots of margaritas for me...I mean...water! :) XOXO!

No comments: