Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Great Birthday Week!

Happy Birthday to ME! This has been a week long birthday celebration! I am right in the middle of it and loving every second. Well, almost every second. Last week on Sunday afternoon, something wicked blew into the Hoppe Household. It only seems to have effected myself and EA. You could physically SEE EA get sick. It hit him like a ton of bricks. He became lethargic and extremely feverish within minutes. Long story short - EA has a terrible flu-like (BUT NOT THE FLU!) virus and I have a sinus infection. We were one miserable pair, home sick on Monday! Everyone is back at work now, but we still aren't feeling 100%. We sure are acting like it, though, and wearing ourselves out!

Back to the birthday celebration! My amazing husband got me tickets to a Rangers game for last Saturday night. It has been raining here in the DFW area for 9 SOLID DAYS. I miss the sun. Good thing EA's tickets were in a SUITE! YEAH BABY!! Watching live baseball games is one of my very favorite things to do. (Isn't he a thoughtful guy?!) Check out my view:





Please excuse my fuzzy hair and glasses. NERD ALERT! The rain stopped for the first 5 innings. It started raining again in the 6th, and then EA and I left after the 7th inning. The Rangers lost. :( But it sure was fun watching! It was super cool to see Pudge back at Catcher for the Rangers. SO MUCH FUN! I wish I would have taken a picture of the GIANT ice cream EA bought me: It was in a plastic rangers cap, brownie on the bottom, 3 scoops of ice cream, and then I got to put my OWN toppings on it. I chose to put every possible topping on top, just for fun and because it was MY birthday! YAHOO! I ate three bites and was done with it - you guys know I don't like ice cream! But man was it FUN! EA was a champ and finished it off for me!

Yesterday, for my actual birthday, my day was completely fun-filled! It started out with a birthday breakfast, hosted by team at work. YUMMY! There was this amazing cake one of my bosses made that was TO DIE FOR. I even took home the leftovers. She made it from SCRATCH. I went to lunch with some friends. And then, EA took me out to dinner and a movie! We went to Chuy's my ABSOLUTE favorite! I GOT A MARGARITA! If you look closely in this picture, you can see that I have a sort of red moustache...I must have had some sort of allergic reaction to something I ate. My whole mouth, inside and out, was ON FIRE. But I didn't care! It was so good!



WOW, I just got indigestion reading those last 2 paragraphs. I didn't even mention what went down (As far as food goes. SO much deliciousness!) last Sunday before The Black Plague hit our house. Did I mention this is a WEEK LONG birthday celebration? I still have a couple of days of fun to go! I'll post photos from the Balloon Festival later. And who knows what else the weekend will bring! Stay in touch! Much Love - The Birthday Girl

PS - Patrick is getting measured for his new, AWESOME, helmet tomorrow morning. Wish us luck.

2 comments:

Jillijet said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it has been a blast!!

Varner said...

Love this post! Put me in a great mood and your celebration continued. Go EA! I told Jarod how impressed I was (love it when guys get bragged on) and he asked if I was dropping hints for mine. I told him no, just proud of EA. We had a great time Saturday night. Tell EA thanks for the invite. Hope to see you soon!