Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Broken Bow Trip!

Two weekends ago, EA and I went on a little mini-vacation! His mom offered to have a vacation at our house WITH Patrick, so EA and I took off on our own! (Thanks so much "KK," we know Patrick enjoyed spending the weekend with you! We appreciate you doing this for us more than you'll ever know!) It was the longest I have ever been without my Baby Bear, but I enjoyed every single second of it!

We made these plans at the very beginning of the year. We wanted to go somewhere we had never been before. The place needed to be not too close, but not too far away, not too touristy, and very outdoorsy. I found Broken Bow, Oklahoma on the map and realized there was a State Park right there - Beavers Bend State Park. After much more careful research, we booked the trip! We had the BEST TIME! It was everything we wanted AND MORE; we had the best time!

AWESOME FACT - we saw an actual BALD EAGLE! Not in captivity - it was in the wild, right there at the State Park! We met with a park ranger who took a group of us on a guided walk to see Bald Eagles, as they flock to that part of the country from November through February. We got all the way through our walk without seeing anything. Once we got back to the nature office, one of the other guests called out to the ranger "what's that?" Lo an Behold...an ACTUAL BALD EAGLE! Because they are so ginormous, and their colors are so bold, I was able to spot it INSTANTLY, from pretty far away! The park ranger had a scope, so we also got a close up view. It was amazing!! I am not much of a bird watcher (in fact, birds really freak me out, to be honest!), but this creature blew me away! I had no idea they were so large, and I was also amazed at the color of it! It was too far away for me to get a good photo of it, but it was super cool!! This is (OBVIOUSLY) not my photo, but I wanted to really get the message across - a BALD EAGLE! Can you believe it?!

Here we are at the Park Office - this photo is for my sister! HAHA!

Prepare yourself for this shot of cheesiness and a few others to come within this blog. Being outdoors, disconnected from the Blackberry, away from our desks, has a way of bringing out the peacefulness and happiness in people and making them look refreshed - you should all try it!

Here is our truck tent - very cool! (Not to mention super comfortable! It sure beat sleeping on the ground!)

And here's the AWESOME campfire EA kept going for most of the night. It made for a delicious dinner and S'MORES for dessert! YUM-O!

Throughout the town and state park, there were several wooden statues and totem poles, it was very interesting...




And check out all of this beautiful scenery!



More cheese...

EA and I camped one night, and then we stayed in a cabin for two nights. I cannot believe I didn't get any photos of our cabin. I intended to, but it was raining the morning that we left. Woops! It was ADORABLE! We had a fantastic time in the great outdoors! We will definitely go back to Beavers Bend State Park, and bring Patrick with us when he's a little older. It is an absolutely gorgeous area in South Eastern Oklahoma. I hope you enjoyed the photos! Have a great evening and I will hopefully talk to you again very soon! MUCH LOVE - Ash*

No comments: